How do I make my rocket more areodynamic? Design technology asks your son to apply creatively his knowledge and skills to solve practical problems.
Design technology is a way of working in which your son will investigate a need, or respond to an opportunity, to make or modify something. He will use his knowledge and understanding to devise a method or solution, realise that in a practical manner, and evaluate the end product and the steps during the process.
Design technology is taught in a purpose built workshop which is being equipped with state of the art equipment including a laser cutter, CNC milling machine and 3D printer.
- An appreciation of design
- An understanding of design and manufacturing processes
- A commitment to sustainable and responsible design
- A knowledge of the resistant materials and their working characteristics
- An opportunity to work with tools and machinery
- An understanding of the importance of creativity and how it enriches our environment